Friday, September 25, 2009

The Bear Who Almost....




So, the other morning I woke up to sound of someone on my porch. I have an old wooden porch and I can always hear when someone walks up, it also doesn’t hurt that my house is tiny. But as I was in bed I was thinking that it was too early for someone to be at my door, none of us rangers who live up there are early risers, or not at least 7:30 am risers and there is no reason to be knocking at my door at that hour. Well, I get up to check to see who it is and as soon as I open my bedroom door all I see is a bear with his paws up on my front door peering in at me! Mind you I have windows in my front door. I think to myself what the hell, and I automatically start running to the front door. By this time the bear has seen me leave, he knows he is up to no good and he takes off up the hill. I open the door and run after him chasing him into the woods behind the house. After that I head back to the house and call the wildlife office and tell them of my almost break by green 75 (the bear tag on his ear). I lie back down and try to fall back to sleep. Later that day the wildlife office calls me back and tells me that the bear had been seen breaking into houses in Foresta, a near by community. During the most recent fire, Foresta had to be evacuated and the bear had a hay day. He was also seen in other parts of the park before he came up to Glacier Point. I was told to hang around with the paintball gun to scare him off if he tries it again. So I sat on my little wooden porch with a paintball gun waiting for him to come knocking at my door again. I haven’t seen him, but that paintball gun is not far from me these days. Just wait until I really scare him off. I’ll show him not to mess with my little cabin in the woods again. Apparently he hasn’t been seen in awhile so who knows where he is. But I’m ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment