Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Its off to work?...


The time is cruising by and I will be too. For those who do not know I am leaving for yet another exciting season down in Yosemite. I know I have said this before, but its crazy how fast time has gone and now I sit in my mostly empty room thinking about whether all my stuff is going to fit into my car. This seems to be the biggest problem I have every time I pack up to go. No matter how well I pack, how much stuff I get rid of, or exchange stuff for other things in neater packages, it always packs down differently. Last year was ridiculous, my car looked like I was moving across town; hangers scattered about, food bags in every corner (thanks to those who bought me canvas bags for Christmas), and things not organized. But I think after three seasons now of packing my stuff and filling my car, I should know how to do it, how it fits, and what not to bring. This year I can only hope it’s sinking in to my head, although I say that with out actually packing my car yet. Tomorrow will be the test.
One really super duper exciting thing I’m taking down with me this year is my BIKE! Biking is a wonderful sport, leisure activity, and mode of transportation, not to mention tons of fun. There are times during the year that I don’t want to hike, but I want to do something, so I’m taking my bike, plus it will be a good thing to have while visiting friends in San Francisco. Every time I ride their bike something always seems to be wrong with it and I almost crash and burn. For instance, the handle bars were just a little out of line, so when the wheel was straight the handle bars weren’t or vice versa, that it very difficult to steer sharp corners with handle bars all cock eyed.
While I have been packing things up and taking care of any loose ends, I have been trying really hard to hang out with my family and friends; quality time is what I like to call it. These times when one can just chill without tons of people around and generally centered around food. Everyone is so great in supporting me on my many adventures, even my mom, although it could be because they want to get rid of me, but who knows. This last weekend it was my dear friend Liz’s birthday and she was so nice to let me share the day with her, with a going away party. Good times were had by all; I think I can say I had a blast, if you know what I mean. Friends from all over, mostly people from out of town, showed up for this joint party, it rocked! The sun even decided to grace us with its presents, which was extremely crucial since it was an outside BBQ.

So as I take off and slowly get farther and farther away from civilization, please be patient with me and this blog. It is not going to pop up with new notes every week, or every other week. I will update it when ever I can, but have no fear it will get done even if it’s not super soon. I’m sure you have all gotten that point by now. Wish me luck and I’ll see you all at some point in time. Until then keep in touch, don’t give up on my blog and come visit.

1 comment: